Friday, April 16, 2010

Faucets are easy to select - right? NOPE!

Another email exchange that broke the 'only 3 email replies before a call' rule:

Our architect gave us 3 recommendations for a kitchen sink faucet. While shopping for a sink (another saga) we found one of the recommended models for a good price. We bought it.

I sent the specs to our architect for reference and found that we bought the wrong model....She was not happy : )

Architect:

I'm sorry to question a decision once it's made, but feel I need to voice my thoughts.  I am not overly concerned about the selections.  They are all good.  However, I do want to point out features that are a bit different than what we discussed previously - just so you are aware and making an informed decision.  It is entirely your choice in the end.

The LadyLux Grohe model #33 755 you have ordered is the older version with the bulbous shape on both sides of the faucet.  The newer version has removed that bump-out on one side.  The price for these faucets varies greatly depending on finish, but I assume we're looking at the ones with the triple zero "000" extension, which are chrome.  Here's a link to a site that per my google searches this morning seem to have low prices and free shipping.

http://www.wamhomecenter.com/productcart/pc/showsearchresults.asp?pageStyle=H&resultCnt=24&keyword=ladylux

My rec is the "LadyLux Pro 32 244 000" (b/c I like the clean lines of the pull down spray), OR the "LadyLux Cafe 33 758 000," which is the newer version of the same faucet you orders, but both still have the old style handle. 

The Ladylux3 is the newest model and what I originally recommended.  It has a more sleek handle.  I like the 32 226 or the 32 298, but this faucet will be more expensive than the above and may not be worth the price difference for the new handle design.

[many links to sites with the models]

(Note that there is a version with a "WA" extension, which is "green" b/c is limits your water flow.  Wouldn't recommend as I think your incoming water service already does that ;-).

Hope this is helpful in understanding on what you are purchasing.  Thx.

Me:
Dan - I don't see any difference between the specs of what we bought and what she recommended - do you?
Dan:
Sure - it's the rounded shape at the bottom of the faucet where they have the water control hardware. They have improved the design in the new model.
Me:
Did you see this when we were at the store?

Dan:
Yes
Me:
WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING?????

Dan:
You said you liked it so it's fine w/me
Me:
I didn't even NOTICE this...I was focused on the height of the faucet, arc of the arm, water control, sprayer...Now that I look at them side by side the older style looks horrible.

Me:
I canceled the order and will select the updated model. SIGH! This #$%& faucet better make me coffee!

Architect: Smiles....

Dan: Shrug


No comments:

Post a Comment